Saturday, October 21, 2006

1 Kg Rice


“ This is my first time I buy 1 kg rice for my babies” gloomy from Andy when we worked in Merlimau, Melaka.

Today is Deepavali and another 3 days will be Hari Raya Aidiftri. The next whole week I will be on vacation with my Danish and his mum. This is a common practice for Malaysian either you are Malay, Chinese, Indian, Baba Nyonya, Portugal, Mat Salleh and others races will do shopping during festival day especially in Melaka State. There are many of races in this historical state.

I am in Tesco Supermarket where I used to go because of the price. Surprising! Plenty of people queue at the payment counter and I grouped them as “last minute” community including myself…hahaha. These group like to do last minute preparation. Maybe it has been cultivated as Malaysia culture. Malay, Chinese, Mat Salleh all do shopping. It is a great country we stay. We celebrate all the festivals especially me. “Deepa-Raya Special Promotion” and there why they used to call Melaka as Shopping Paradise.

Sunday press’s main page: “Traffic jam for 200km on North-South Highway”. Terrible! People are wowing poor economic but the scenario is totally different. Malaysian is lucky compared with my poor Andy. He works hard to survive. He lives because his 5 children and he never regret of what God have give him.

While I’m waiting of my turn to settle my milk powder and I see plenty of cute babies around me and this make me recall Andy’s babies. My “angel” tell me that give a bag of rice for Andy family for celebration “Deepa-Raya”. Yep! They should be very happy to receive it. I settle my payment and ride my motorcycle to my poor Andy house.

Andy’s younger daughter is standing in-front of gate and seen she know I’m coming with their “Deepa-Raya” present. The children look happy while receive from me. I feel glad by this sincere gift where it can give happiness to a poor family such as Andy.

Mum used to tell me this Chinese phase when I was child.
(see on top)


Above Chinese phase emphasized on thankful to social and serve to social if you are affordable. Sorry for above Chinese hand writing.


Message from
Lai

No comments: